You know yu live in a small town when

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by DYohn, Dec 12, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I don't live there any longer, but the big headline news from my hometown newspaper this morning is "Hannibal [Mo] gets an Arby's!"

I am sure they intended that to be good news and not a public health warning...

2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I've always liked Arby's. Just the simple roast beef please, hold all the newfangled saucy stuff.

Current fav is the half pound French Dip - :)

3. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Wow, 110% protein!

;)

DYohn likes this.
  5. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Yeah baby! With numbers that bad you know it tastes good - :)

It's not like I have them every week eh, more like quarterly.

DYohn and claud like this.
  6. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

I understand. Once a month I eat a VERY good hamburger. If you are only gonna eat one, might as well be the best you can find.

DYohn likes this.
  7. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Arby's isn't what it used to be. I seem to remember when I was a kid, it was real roast beef, now it's this weird semi-gelatinous meat like stuff...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

I don't eat there but they cannot be doing so bad. They just purchased Buffalo Wild Wings for a cool $2.4 billion. Since CT is the wing capitol of New England, they do not that well here but other areas they are pretty popular.

9. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Yes, in two areas where I work. One area now has a MacDonalds and people went crazy about it. The most memorable one was when Pizza Hut came into a small town where I work. The people were not aware of tipping the drivers and through the tip was incorporated into the final cost of the pizza. I had to explain to a lot of people that it was customary to tip the drivers, plus that's not real pizza......:)