1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Xenforo Migration Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Software Tips and Tricks' started by CJ, Feb 10, 2017.

1. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Just an observation, but I have been confused a number of times using the "New Posts" link a the top of the page. It's really, "New, Unread Posts", because if you read a thread and then click the link again that thread disappears, even if I've posted in that thread. I'm old, and that's had me wondering what happened more than once. The better link for me is off to the right called "Recent Posts", so I can keep the recent read and unread posts on the same page. I've bookmarked it in Chrome,

Observation off...

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I think its a matter of terminology. Per the Xenforo support forum:

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Ok well that explains a missy post I made.

I was really starting to question if I had forgot to hit enter after writing it but I was sure I had seen it since writing it.

jasn likes this.
  4. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Apparently, and according to my profile, I am watching virtually every thread on this site, therefore I receive an alert whenever there is a reply (Testafae threads, for example). I have modified my Alert preferences but is there also a way to blanket "unwatch" all prior posts and let me start fresh?

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

YES! in fact there is.

If you truly want to clear ALL and start over, go to http://www.hometheaterlounge.com/watched/threads/all

On the right hand side look for "Manage Watched Threads" and click "Stop Watching Threads". You'll get a warning pop-up. This will unwatch all threads. If you have your settings set to watch threads you start or post in, they will start accumulating again but this is a good way to unwatch the 3,000 threads you're watching that are years old.

jasn likes this.
  6. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Maybe I missed it, but is there a recent post button?

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

8. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Thank you. I'll make that my bookmark.

9. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Having trouble inserting a photo. I used the Image icon and pasted the jpg address, but all I got was a block with IMG in it. I've inserted photos since the software change, but this is the first time I had trouble. Any suggestions?

10. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

It means that the URL isn't valid. Some sites have started protecting their images from linking like this. If what you paste in doesn't look something like www.site.com\y732h.jpg ending with .jpg or .png or some image file type it usually won't work. One work around I've discovered is if you right click and choose view image (wording may vary depending on browser) it might show you the actual image URL... sometimes. But what you're describing is a protection scheme on the image host's part, not an issue with the forum. If the URL is valid, it will work.

11. John Celardo

Thanks CJ. It actually came from my Flickr page, so there shouldn't be restrictions on my use of my images.

12. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

OK, flickr does actually have a seperate way to share built in. Instead of copying the URL in your browser when you are on the photo, you need to click the little arrow button down in the lower right. Then choose BBCode and choose your size. For example, this is the URL of an image:

Code:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/imahawki/31913244941/
    But when I click share and BBCode, this is the URL it generates :

Code:
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/710/31913244941_835dfaa11b_z.jpg
    Notice how the second one ends in .jpg

If I just copy the BBCode you get this:

31913244941_835dfaa11b_z.jpg Ferris Wheel Flare by imahawki (MFT - m4/3 Shooter), on Flickr

13. John Celardo

CJ likes this.
  14. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

No problem

15. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

Did you do anything to enable TappaTalk support CJ? I just suddenly started getting notifications of thread updates through TappaTalk and I can browse the forum using it again.

16. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Its been re-enabled for weeks. Not sure why the alerts just started.