1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Randy Rhoton, Dec 4, 2013.

1. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

I didn't sleep, but I thought parts of it dragged along. There were some places where I wish the story had been better developed, but I enjoyed it. No invisible plane though. That was sad. :D

2. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Liked it. A lot! I thought the slower parts helped develop the plot and the characters. It was funny where it needed to be without being campy. The idea to place it during WWI worked very well. Kinda disappointed that a certain character didn't survive. Might have helped a sequel. Great FX, floor shaking bass where required, but quiet where not as opposed to some action movies. Will buy the disc for sure.
    And how does Chris Evans get to star with all the hot ladies?
    Best part? I had enough discount points that I got a free ticket!

Barry_NJ likes this.
  3. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

I enjoyed it too. We went as a family, but my wife had to leave with the 5 year old part-way through, so she missed all the fun action scenes. I thought it had a good balance of action, character backstory, anti-war, feminist, love story, etc. etc., without being too heavy-handed on any of them. And Gal Gadot really brings her character to life. Many of the recent Marvel films feel robotic / formulaic in comparison.

4. Randy Rhoton

Oh, and my favorite line: "I am both frightened and aroused". :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

- the guy sitting next to you?

Barry_NJ likes this.
  6. Randy Rhoton

That was you? ;):):p

7. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

8. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Next to the first Iron Man movie, this is my favorite comic book movie todate, trailed ever so closely to Batman vr Superman.

10. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Just saw this on Sunday, other than the Nolan Batman movies, best DC movie to date in my mind. Thoroughly enjoyed it.