1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

VPN Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Dan Driscoll, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

So this is already worth it. On Youtube I can now access songs that were currently block in Canada, by bands like Matt Good and The Watchemen. That alone is pretty much worth the cost.

2. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

VPN does not seen to be affecting speed much for us. We are pretty light net users, no real down/up loading just mostly surfing. So we don't even notice this.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

There's some speed penalty inherently but if you don't notice it 99% of the time you don't care.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

I get 172Mbps down from my ISP and 155 Mpbs with PIA enabled (Toronto) so yes there's a hit but at those speeds you'd never notice.