1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Uverse today!

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Mike B, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Back to Directv. The AT&T guy knocked on the door and it really was the AT&T guy as he had my whole billing detail on his tablet. My neighbor just got it installed and his dish looked a lot better than that piece of shit I had before. I told the guy I had problems with DTV with the dish shifting and the big tripod on the roof. He told me the new ones are composite (mine was steel) and mount on the eve like my neighbor's. Pretty clean. Dish looks smaller too. So a lighter dish screwed to the rafters and not though the roof sounded like a try.

So they will be out next week to install and I get twice the internet speed (50 M) all the movies, HD and ultra HD (4K) as well as the land line for $175. Twenty two bucks cheaper than the old promo rate which was expiring month after next.

We shall see. Apparently I was not the only one with dish alignment / house shift problems.

Next will be the 4K 55 inch OLED TV - :)

2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Sounds like you're on your way!

3. Mike B

The AT&T / DTV guys are due between now and 4:00. Now it's 102 F outside and going to 105. Not going to be a fun job me thinks. Good thing I have the misting fan outside, they will be able to cool off when needed.

4. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I am not up on the in & Outs
    so excuse my ignorance. But why go with
    DTV? and not stay with all U-verse?

5. Mike B

Uverse does not have 4K. AT&T is trying to shuffle the video to DTV now that they own them and stick with internet and voice on Uverse me thinks.

I had no problems with DTV until that big heavy tripod dish and all the new stiff is eve mounted on a very short (about 8 inch) mast. We shall see.

6. Mike B

2:30 and not arrived yet. Got call advising arrival 2:45 to 3:15, option to reschedule. Rescheduled for 8 AM Thursday. Kelly coming over for cocktails and supper at 5 and 3.5 hour install and I didn't need the conflict or a hasty install not to mention it's 104 F out there now.

7. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

dinner & drinks...oh boy.
    Chilled Martini or Margarita?
    What's for eats? Don't heat up the house.

8. Mike B

Gin & tonics, stacked ham & cheese on fresh baked rolls. No kilowatts were used in preparing the food - :)

9. Mike B

DTV is re-installed on a much shorter and sturdier mount;

35343445221_77b18109df_o.jpg

Guy was here at 9 and left at 12:30. I ran the misting fan for him, it's hot outside. I'm set up with the wired main DVR box, a wired 4K box and 2 wireless boxes. Even though I don't have 4K, the 4K stuff comes in at 1080P which is better than Uverse 720P max.

I'm pretty stoked, the picture is better than Uverse!