1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Man in the High Castle (Amazon Original Series)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Dennis Pagoulatos, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Anybody watching this show?
    I really enjoyed the book years ago, but seeing it fully realized (and greatly expanded) with today's effects capabilities is fun. It's a bit slow going and the characters are so-so, but if you're into WW2 era history, it's pretty great. Rufus Sewell (of Dark City fame) is awesome as Obergruppenfuhrer Smith and I really like Alexa Davalos as well. The show grows on you because of the amazing world building. I just finished S1 over the weekend and will dive into S2 next (both available on Amazon Prime streaming).
    Dennis

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

A bit slow going, yes. But we liked it.

3. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I do not have Prime. :(

4. Dennis Pagoulatos

I'm 3 episodes into S2 so far and it's a great continuation of the story arcs that began in S1.
    David: Did you watch both seasons already?

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

No, just S1. We will start S2 soon.

6. Dennis Pagoulatos

Just finished S2 and I really enjoyed it; curious to hear your thoughts! Can't wait for S3!