System of the month in HTL Newsletter?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, May 8, 2017.

1. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

CJ, if you need some other systems, I volunteer. I can do a relatively inexpensive Schiit computer headphone system, a SOTA headphone system, a portable HiRez headphone system and a Cary/Merlin tube stereo system. Have or will make pics.

2. claud

Here is a basic computer music system. This is for those of us that like to listen to tunes while surfing , etc on our computer. The components are a Schiit Vali 2 amp and a Schiit Multibit DAC. The amp is a hybrid tube amp that uses any tube in the 6DJ8/6922 family. I like Russian 6H23 tubes in mine. You can also buy an adaptor on Ebay and use 6SN7 tubes too. The DAC is a very advanced DAC for its price. Schiit will admit that the Modi and Bifrost Multibit DACs are about equal in performance, but the Modi Multibit is NOT upgradeable. I listen to this system with any of my headphones. It sounds good with all of them. The system connects with your computer with a USB cord and you need a short pair of interconnects to connect the amp and DAC. I hace changed all of these to Wywires cables. DSC_1709.JPG

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. claud

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Claud! I'll get this in the newsletter. Anyone want to sign up for July - December?

5. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

CJ, whenever you need a system, I have a few more I can do besides the main system. So just let me know. Besides the 3 listed systems in my signature (back-up 1 is 2 channel and back-up is integrated AV), I have a 4.1 system in the upstairs bonus room (GR Research N3 mains) and a master bedroom system (nothing exotic speaker wise - in-ceiling Sonance speakers). Non-listed systems:
    MBR System.JPG MBR System.JPG Bonus Room Nov 15.JPG

6. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

I also have the office system (2-channel - Selah Audio SA2 speakers - no longer made but their website ishttp://www.selahaudio.com/ ), though at the moment it hasn't been used since my lightning damage a bit over two months ago. Working on getting the sound in the PC fixed (probably the sound card and the motherboard) and then I'll have to sift thru the remnants of what electronics still work (I moved the receiver I had in the office to the master bedroom as at least its HDMI board is shot if not other things and nothing video works on the receiver I had in the main system but have not gotten to test the audio at all - I can always use it for spare parts as I re-bought the identical receiver for the main system). For the office system, I was using an ifi audio iTube2 (micro – iTube2) from the sound card to the amp that was just starting to break-in when the lightning hit (it lights up but I have not tested it yet) buffer. I'd love to get a good integrated amp for it vs. the spare receivers but right now I'm still in the stage of trying to get back to everything working first before I look at that. When working the system sounds really nice.
    Office1.JPG

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Claud, I'll use your headphone system if that's OK. Do you want me to use those photos or do you want to take any fresh ones?

8. claud

use whatever you want. here is another picture from a different perspective DSC_1708.JPG

9. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

I'll be working on the July newsletter this weekend. Do I have a volunteer for some pics and a write up? @Jack, @DYohn, @Carl V, anyone else?

10. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Sure CJ, what would you like me to write up ? Is the Schiit headphone rig used up ? I could write up something on any of the other goods in my system.

11. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Its up to you. Take a look at Phil's and Claud's write-ups here (Home Theater Lounge System of the Month)

It is just a simple backstory and equipment rundown. What do you listen to / watch, how is the room set up, recent or future changes, etc. and then 2-3 pictures. Cell phone pics are fine.

12. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Jack, are you able to send anything over? You can PM me photos and the write up if you want.

13. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Yes CJ, I will get er done hopefully by tomorrow evening. I will PM for your proofing.

14. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Awesome, thanks...