1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Summer Tires

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by capsuleri, Oct 4, 2017.

1. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone would be interested in buying? OEM Hankook Ventus Evo 2 255/35/19 tires with 85 miles taken off a new car. Will add the pictures when I get them.

2. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I need some new tires for my wifes car, will have to look at what size she needs.

3. capsuleri

PM me with your Zip and State. I will find the optimum shipping.

4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Around here, instead of "summer tires" and "winter tires," we just call them "tires."

5. capsuleri

Because you have only one season!

Where I am some folks with high performance cars run summer tires (May-October) and winter tires (November -April). Most sane folks use Ultra High Performance All Season.

Audi in their strange German wisdom only offers Summer Tires with their 19" rim option!

DYohn likes this.
  6. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

David indeed knows that....and in his puckish sense of humor was
    poking fun with his One Season Lifestyle....he grew up in Missouri.

Audi always has done things a bit different at times.

Tire Technology has real Come along way from Uniroyal tiger paws,
    Mickey Thompson, TA radials, Blue streaks that weren't DOT legal
    to thick bias Ply M&S. Thank gawd

capsuleri and DYohn like this.
  7. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Yea. As Carl says, I was only funnin' ya'll (as my hillbilly cousins might say.)

capsuleri likes this.
  8. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Out here I have car tires, motorcycle tires and bicycle tires.

capsuleri and DYohn like this.
  9. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

We have what are called all season but what sane people call three season and winter (with a spectrum of best on ice to best on snow).

Ran my winters all summer as they were at the winter wear bars in the spring. Could probably run them 2 more summers but not worth the multiple rim swaps so I just got them replaced. Could get three in the trunk on the way there, couldn't on the way back

10. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

If you are at the winter wear bars, you have essentially worn off the hydrophilic rubber that makes winter tires stick on ice and snow. At that point they just become some pretty sloppy handling summer tires because the sidewalls are not as stiff, reducing your ability to corner harder. I used Blizzaks on all of my rear wheel drive cars for years. With the AWD, i use an all season tire which is ok in the snow but nowhere near as good as the Blizzaks.

The problem we have had over the past few years is the 70 degree days in February. I know, good problem. Bad problem for winter tires because the tread is so soft, you can go through a set really quickly.

11. capsuleri

Tyre sandals? Anyone remember them?