Star Wars Episode 8 - The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Jay Brown, Jan 23, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I like Star Wars as much as the next guy, but part of me hopes "The Last Jedi" is the last SW movie.

Those photos are stunning.

Carl V likes this.
  2. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

How So?

Jason Lorette likes this.
  3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Huh?

Carl V likes this.
  4. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

New trailer. Some twists. WILL see this in a theater.

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I'm sure NONE of those bits were intentional misdirection

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Got 19 tickets and a friend got 9 all to a Friday the 15th showing in the local Dolby Cinema.we got ntend to load the place up with our friends.

It is my older sons Birthday as well and he is coming up from Miami that weekend.

7. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member War Zone Member

They might not be. The director told fans to avoid this trailer on his Twitter account.

8. Randy Rhoton

The director doesn't like it? Wonder why, and who released it.

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

The pics are not flattering at all, looks more like a chubby, young Hut. This series of films has some of the worst casting. Can't get excited for that new trailer either. Wonder how big the new, new Death Star will be? Will it need several suns to suck the energy from to destroy a planet? This will be a RedBox for me. Too bad they could get a good cast and director like Rogue One behind this last (maybe not last) trilogy.

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Really? What's your beef with the cast? Too many women and POC?

I can understand the beef some have expressed with the plot of FA but don't actually agree. It was intended to be a bit of a reboot after the crappy prequels. And then people say "well there was a Death Star in Rogue One". Well, I can't even respond to that level of stupid.

Mikael Soderholm and DYohn like this.
  11. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I watched Rogue One (because it was free on cable.) I thought it sucked big time.

12. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member War Zone Member

The director said it was an awesome trailer. But don't watch if you want to avoid spoilers.

13. CJ

I'll be honest, I don't think I can objectively judge these films. Star Wars is too big a part of my childhood. What I don't get is people seem intent on hating them, like its some kind of badge of honor to be too discriminating to enjoy these films. Star Wars was always kind of dumb. Even if you think the original trilogy is objectionably good (hard to ignore the fact that you were probably an impressionable youth when you saw them) more of the cinematic universe is still bad than good at this point.

I guess I don't need the same thing from every movie. I don't need every movie to be a deep thought experiment with tons of hidden meaning that makes me question my world view. I also don't need every movie to be a vapid explosion fest of hot people trying to save the planet (by which I mean New York) for the 800th time.

Jason Lorette likes this.
  14. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Active Member

Well, the pictures seem to indicate Benicio del Toro is in, hardly bad casting in my book. Actually, IMHO, casting has never been the main SW problem; for the sequels, script was my major issue (plot as well as dialogue).
    Love the pictures, and will see if I can get Vanity Fair here in the far north.

And I have seen almost every SW movie since ANH opening week, I won't stop now.

15. Randy Rhoton

Damn google anyway. Monday I watched the trailer on a news site link. Last night I get a junk email ad from a ticket site I've never heard of (not Fandango) selling not only Star Wars tickets but action figures and other crap. Told Safari it was junk and deleted it. Shit's getting out of control.

EDIT: Looked through Comcast email file and it was Atom Tickets. Whoever they are. Still tagged it as spam on that page.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  16. CJ

17. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

They’re also forcing theaters to screen the film in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks.

This is the killer. Previous was 2 weeks.

18. CJ

We'll well see how this shakes out. These theaters perhaps should have prayed that Disney did not alter the arrangement further.

19. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Hasn't his been a complaint in years passed.

20. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member