1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Sprucing up the Bathroom

Discussion in 'DIY Lounge' started by John Celardo, Feb 13, 2017.

1. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

We haven't done any house projects since last May, so Maureen got a ceiling fan/heater for the main bathroom and we had a guy install it. We have a Cape Cod house so the bathroom is small. We wallpapered a while ago and we decided to take it down an paint. Simple right? Noooo! It turned out to be an Indiana Jones archaeological dig. Under our paper was a layer of painted paper, and under that was what looks like the original '50s era paper. We used a steamer to get it all off, but we nicked the wallboard up a bit. We have a guy coming to skim coat the walls before we paint. Here's what we think is some 60-year-old wallpaper.

32503909640_97b8d39f93_z_d.jpg

2. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

have fun...glad it's you & not me.:rolleyes:
    what's the final color gonna be?

3. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I like that old paper!

4. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I like it too, looks Asian.

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Seems very mid century. When the US was trying to be more global.

6. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Yea, the house is mid century, and for that matter, so am I. We've done our best to modernize the house without messing with the '50s design.