Snakes in the House!!!!!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Randy Rhoton, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

2. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Yikes! Waking up with snakes in your bed. That would freak me out a lot.

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

A friend of a friend (ya... take a little grain of salt with this)...

Some chick had a python as a pet. It was 6-8 feet, maybe more. She noticed that it wasn't eating when it should have been. Went to the vet, figured nothing was wrong, told her to call/come back in if it was another 2-3 days and still hadn't eaten. The next morning she woke and the snake was in her bed laying perfectly parallel to her, head to toe. So back to the vet since the snake had never done this. The vet took her into another room sat her down and basically told her how her snake was planning on eating her. It was measuring her and wasn't eating because it was cleaning out its digestive system.

Anywho, freaking as story if there's any validity to it.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Finally the perfect house for me! Free food for my gaggle of mongeese! Too bad its in Idaho.

Also... I WANT THESE MOTHER FUCKING SNAKES OUT THIS MOTHERFUCKING HOUSE [/obligatory]

5. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Wasn't there a news story not too long ago where a python / boa killed a toddler, crushed it? Would probably have eaten it too if it hadn't been caught.

I wouldn't keep a snake as a pet, but at least one of my wife's friends has snakes and spiders and stuff as pets. Yeah, it would be somewhat unsettling to find out that your pet was scoping you out to see if it could eat you.

6. Drew

I regularly wake up to my 17lb cat nibbling on my hand at 3am cause he wants food, but I don't think he's going to try and eat me. At least not yet.

7. Allen

Allen New Member War Zone Member

...probably not until it's closer to 170 lbs. ;)

8. Randy Rhoton

A friend of mine says that the reason cats stare at you like they do is that they are waiting for you to stop moving so they can start eating.

9. Drew

I think pets like dogs/cats wait for your familiar scent to go away. Once you start rotting you become food.

10. NathanP

NathanP New Member

Great story. It actually happen's a lot around here, we have a lot of rednecks with pythons. Often when the python gets too big for their trailer, they release it into the wild. Missouri Department of Conservation often mentions about dips in the deer population due to this. True.

I've got a buddy who's a school bus driver, and was once told a story by a family in the school district. Apparently this family had to get rid of their python because it was too big for its cage and was dangerous to be left alone in the house over night. This family knew it was dangerous because the pregnant mother woke up one morning with the python wrapped around her in a strangle hold. Goodbye python.

11. Zak

Zak Active Member War Zone Member

Drew that stories BS. Snakes can tell how large a prey item is not by laying next to it to gauge it's length but their girth to see if they can fit it in their mouth. Typically they can swallow something as large as the wides part of their body. Most likely that snake was laying next to her because it was cold. I had a pet burmese python many years ago, and it grew to just a tad over 8'. At that length it could not have eaten an adult human, maybe a baby/infant. It most likely was not eating because it was about to molt/shed its skin. They become very odd during those times, and that is usually when I got bit, especially right before they did shed the skin as their eyes would cloud over. Hurts like a mofo when that thing would chomp down on my hand. You have to squeeze their jaws at the joints with your thumb/indexfinger for a while to get it to let go. You cannot pull your hand out as they have hundreds of small needlelike teeth that point backward into their mouth.

12. Drew

Yeah, hence the grain of salt comment. I'm a history channel/animal planet/discovery/etc. junky.

I remember this story:

The snake would have eaten him except for the way it had gotten its mouth around the guy's head. It couldn't get past the shoulders. Had it done so and shifted 90 degrees around the shoulders no one would have probably seen him again.

13. Zak

Zak Active Member War Zone Member

23', that is a LARGE snake!!!

14. Drew

Fucking A.

This always cracks me up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_uuidR10OY"]YouTube - Watch Out![/ame]

15. Drew

This one is 24'
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnqXoexJZjg&feature=channel"]YouTube - Longest Snake, Guinness World Record's 2011, Fluffy in Tornado World's Largest Elephant Exhibit[/ame]

16. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I have a ball python. It was a gift to my soon but his mother would not let him keep it at home. It is still a baby. It's about 2.5 yrs old

17. Randy Rhoton

18. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Just don't wake up next to the cat I had in my backyard a couple of days back
    bobcat1.jpg

19. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

My daughter breeds boas and has about 50 of them in her house. She says anyone who thinks they are pets and lets them have free run of their house is a fool.

20. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Here it would be tough on the snakes, Lucy would eat them.