1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Sharing photos with dropbox

Discussion in 'The Photography Lounge' started by Chris Slade, May 10, 2017.

1. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member

Guys,

I just uploaded three raw files to dropbox. Would be happy to have anyone do a quick edit and quickly describe the workflow. So these are currently in my public folder, I notice there is also now a sharing folder. What is the best way to do this so that only the people involved have access to the folder and files?

Lightroom edits preferred as that is the software I am using.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm not a big dropbox user so I can't answer your sharing questions. Hopefully someone else will. If you figure it out I would love to take a crack at the files.

3. Chris Slade

I can figure it out, the standard way I know how to do it is just post a link. If I post that in the forum then it would be available to the general public. So to avoid that I think I just send the link to anyone interested in a private message I guess.

I'll do that the first time anyway send you a link today.

4. Chris Slade

Cj just sent you a pm (I think) with three links to files in my public dropbox folder.

I think this should work. Please let me know if you were able to access the files. Anyone else who wants the links just post here and I'll pm you the links.

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'll take a look tonight.

6. Chris Slade

I will do an edit tonight as well, so I can compare

7. Chris Slade

30 second edit, not that much more time would have helped me.

cj.jpg

8. Chris Slade

Funny looking at this now, I see I missed with the focus and it is generally a pretty bad shot.

9. Chris Slade