Seen on Pandora

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by DustinDavis, Mar 2, 2018.

1. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I get frustrated with Pandora sometimes because it seems like it isn’t paying attention to my preferences. Like the 5th song I thumb-down from the same band or album, stop bringing them back. Especially frustrating when it’s made some connection it thinks is logical and you can’t get to stop that. E.g. I have been listening to Amon Amarth and Pandora has decided not just that I must like Vikings, but that stretches to pirates. So it’s been recommending some horrible joke of a band called Alestorm that is literally like a bad movie soundtrack about pirates and yo-ho-ho and whatnot.

So let’s hope Pandora just doesn’t get me when it recommended “Veal and the Cult of Torture” by a band called “Cattle Decapitation”. I couldn’t wait to hear what this oddly specific band and song had to say but it turned out to be an instrumental. What the—?!?!?!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I hear ya, dude. Gave up on Pandora long ago.
  3. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Pandora was earth shattering when brand new. Unfortunately I don't think their algorithm has improved in the last decade since it launched.
  4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

"Veal and the Cult of Torture” by a band called “Cattle Decapitation." I love it. Are you sure that's not Morrissey's new gig?
    DustinDavis likes this.