1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Seating

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by DYohn, May 3, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Since we moved to Arizona we have used a combo living room-HT setup as this house has no space for a dedicated home theater. We've had a couple of comfy recliners in the primary position for watching TV and movies. One of the chairs is starting to show its age and we are thinking about going back to dedicated home theater seating.

What brands can the esteemed membership here recommend?

We do not want leather (and definitely not fake leather.) Fabrics are our preferred upholstery. Power recline would be nice. But comfort and quality construction is the ultimate goal.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Check out Palliser. I know for a fact that they offer a lot of different fabrics, not just leather.

DYohn likes this.
  3. DYohn

Pallister, thank you.

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

5. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I have 4 Palliser chairs and three Berkline and both are pretty good.

6. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

I have 7 Palliser Pacificos in black leather in my theater.

7. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

I currently have Palliser. Have used Flex Steel in the past too (very well made - was 10 years old when I gave it away a few years back when I moved).

8. DYohn

Palliser, no "t". There is a dealer not far from my house. Thanks for the tip!

9. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, that's why I posted the link after you said Pallister.

10. Phil A

I also have sat on these and their products are very comfortable - Jackson Catnapper

11. DYohn

Catnappers are what we have now. They are very comfy indeed. Ours are just getting long in the tooth.

12. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I've had a Lazy-Boy Dreamtime for 20+ years and still love it. Mine is nubuck, but they or the current equivalent model is available is a wide range of fabrics, as well. Mine is manual, but IIRC, there are powered versions available.

13. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Dave,
    this is the place I got mine from. I was very nervous buying 4 seats & the risers online but sucked it up and everything worked perfect and I got the option where they bring them into the house and set them up and it was perfect.

Cinco de Mayo Sale | Theater Seat Sale | Octane Sale

They have a huge selection I ended up with Pacifico IIs from Palliser.

Max

Edited in...
    I was told when I got mine, not to order the under chair lights or the lighted cup holders. They said the underseat lights were a fad you would not really like and that the cupholders without the lights were solid metal and much nicer then the plastic one with the lights. I have since seen the lighted holders from Palliser and I was going to get those and am so glad the guy talked me out of them.

14. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Oh, man, yeah I thought the LED lighting was a terrible idea. These are theater seats. You don't want a light in your face. I get irritated when I bump my harmony and the screen comes on in the dark. They had cupholders and even USB charging ports (WHY!?) that were LED trimmed. Terrible.

15. John mark

John mark Member

Hi
    I have Palliser theater seating as well. There leather and 5 years old and not a rip and still very comfortable.

CJ likes this.
  16. DYohn

We are going to visit the Palliser dealer tomorrow. They also carry Catnapper (it's where we bought our recliners) and a couple other HT seating brands.

No LED lights for this guy. Cup holder, yes.

17. DYohn

Just returned from shopping spree. I really liked the Paslliser Ovation, but they were not available in fabric. We ended up ordering a Catnapper Atlas powered console loveseat in burgundy microfiber fabric. Super comfy and non-lighted cup holders. :)

18. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Nice. I had never heard of catnapper until this thread.

19. Phil A

Anytime you need info on laziness, I'm around laying around somewhere:p

DYohn likes this.
  20. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

Palliser is a local company and made here in Winnipeg so yes thats a great choice :)