1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Robotic Lawn Mower

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Chris Slade, Sep 13, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I have a Roomba. But I find myself following it around and putting my foot in front of it to make it turn around because it skips areas I want it to clean. It's actually more efficient to just get out the vacuum and do it manually. I can't imagine how paranoid I'd be with a robot mower, making sure it doesn't miss any bits...

2. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

The weathly guy is the lawn mower guy. He insists on mowing his own lawn. He also mows the shoulder of our street, in front of all the homes on the street.

3. Chris Slade

I mowed the new lawn the other day for the first time with my cheapo ride on, it did the job but barely. It was all it could do to mow in the highest setting at a lower than normal speed. I will have to buy a new mower. Since this one will do the job I'll wait until the spring and take another quick look at all of my options. I fully expect that the robot will win handily. But it didn't take as long as I thought it would on the ride on, so who knows.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

You might be able to get an end of season deal if you buy now. Something to consider.

5. Chris Slade

You are right. They are $500 off right now. 60 day return policy..... So if I buy it now I get it cheaper, but would not be able to return it in the spring. What to do?

6. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Flip a coin...

7. CJ

I guess the question is can you use it the next couple of weeks. I personally wouldn't buy it and store it until next spring just to save $500. Too risky.

DYohn likes this.
  8. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

For a small lawn that only takes 10 minutes....
    seems you're over thinking this. imho. ymmv

go re-buy a self propelled walk behind & call it a day
    Honda/Snapper/ TORO
    the newer Electric Re-charger ones work nicely

9. Chris Slade

I got this two weeks ago. It works great, could not be happier.

10. CJ

072340BF-9415-4059-AB3C-A75AF8DA037C.jpeg I have a neighborhood kid mow mine. He’s fucking weird but does great work.

11. Rick C

Rick C Member

Chris glad it has worked out for you. Let's see a few action pictures

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

How can you be sure it will not reach the singularity and decide to kill you? Huge chance you are taking.

13. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

I stopped at the warehouse club earlier and when I got back on Rt. 95 headed back home I saw the workers mowing the hill (on the side of the entrance) with a remote control mowing the grass. It looked a little similar (not sure if my dashcam picked it up). It was a steep hill and was impressive seeing it navigate it.