1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Ready Player One (2018)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, May 22, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

This is one of the best books I've read in a decade. I'm really hoping they do this right.

I found this fan made movie poster based on an old NES ad.

R9vPFpl.jpg

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

I'm excited too. Loved the book, also very high on my list of favorite books I've read in the last 5-10 years. Interested to see what sort of changes they're going to need to make since there is no way they'll be able to get all of the licenses to make a movie exactly how the book was, but if done well, it could still be great.

CJ likes this.
  3. CJ

I might read the book again before the movie comes out.

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Book is awesome, can't wait to see the film.

CJ likes this.
  5. CJ

6. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

7. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Active Member Donor

Saw the teaser yesterday, and purchased the Audiobook. This looks really interesting!!

8. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Sounds like an audio streamer. "The Ready Player model One from Benchmark"

9. CJ

I'm hoping the teaser looks like it looks because there's not more final footage complete yet. It looks a bit like a CGI mess. I'm not ready to assume the worst yet. Its in good hands IMO.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  10. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Active Member Donor

23 Chapters into the book, one film won't give this interesting novel any justice. Similar to Stranger Things, childhood flashbacks to the 80s have kept me interesting in the overall story. Highly detailed, regarding the environments, games, characters, one film cant do it.