1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Portable induction cook tops

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by capsuleri, Sep 16, 2017.

1. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Are they any good for cooking? Any brand/model recommendations? Considering buying one for cooking fish and other highly spiced food out on the deck.

2. jhoak

jhoak Active Member War Zone Member

I have one. Use it all the time. Got mine from Newegg. Bought it on sale as an experiment. Wasn't sure how good it would or how much I would use it.

It's this one: Rosewill RHAI-16001 1800-Watt Induction Cooker Cooktop with Stainless Steel Pot - Newegg.com

I'm sure that there are better one's but at a higher cost. If mine ever craps out I'll buy another one but move up the food chain a bit.

Edit to add: They work great with cast iron skillets. The included pan is not all that.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member