1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Photgraphy Buffs

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade Lounge (members)' started by Jack, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I dont know if there are any camera buffs here but I am going to list my Canon 60D here first then on Potn.
    I bought it in 2013 but have not used it much, would be surprised of there are 1000 shutter counts on it. The camera is in essentially perfect condition and I have all original stuff, box, instructions etc as well as a grip and extra batteries. I can post a photo if you like. Not sure what to sell if for but if you want the body and grip/batteries I can go a bit cheaper of course. Say $600 or so.

Any thoughts ??

2. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I think this is a great camera for someone at the right price. I'm firmly in the m4/3 ecosystem and loving it so its not for me but if anyone is in the market...

4. Jack

Well dang, I guess I should have done my homework first before dipping my toes into sales. Hmmm, to keep or drop the price.
    There are sooo many on ebay it is stunning. I dont use it much, preferring the small form cameras now, but it is damn near perfect and works good, analysis paralysis is setting in.....:blink:

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

If you don't use it, get rid of it. Its not going to be worth MORE in the future. Buy yourself a lens for the other camera or an accessory.

Or, MAKE yourself use it. Go take some damn photos and post them here.

Like this.

25920965154_0cd229b0b7_b.jpg International 826 Tractor by imahawki, on Flickr

Just go on a walkabout. Go downtown or to the next town over. Schedule a weekend daytime activity with your wife and take the camera. Shoot for art, not as a documentarian.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  6. Jack

Thank You CJ. I do need to take a photo of a large sign on the main road here, I don't remember what they are selling but the young girl on this massive sign looks a fair bit like your middle daughter.
    I am p[pretty sure its not but you would be surprised at the resemblance.

I have 5 cameras and was trying to decide on selling the best or the second or third best LOL. This 60D is the best one I have.

7. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

life is short...

8. Jack

Not sure what you mean Carl but I do agree.
    Never the less, work took me to a nifty little resort but I did not have the big Canon, only a G12 so I snapped a shot or ten.

IMG_2292_zpsdodwpgzo.jpg

Once used burboun barrels waiting to be reused. Pour some water in them, let them sit in the heat awhile and you have The Devils Cut

IMG_2276_zpsnikvosny.jpg