1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

New Star Trek series....with a catch

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Randy Rhoton, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member

Apps are the future of TV

3. Zak

Zak Active Member War Zone Member

I can see this being the future but it's a bit annoying right now. I can't stand, and I seem to be one of the few my age like this, having to download a plethora of apps to watch shows and have a number of subscriptions to maintain. If it were available via Netflix or Amazon i'd watch it and if it were free on CBS's service. If I need to pay for it, then i'll pass. Being CBS i could see this as beeing free with commercials.

I find myself not always knowing what I want to watch and the on demand services really don't help. Browsing them is not great and if I dont know what I want to watch then searching is no help. Sometimes I just like to surf the channesl and see what's on though I cannot remember the last time I watched anything on CBS/Fox/NBC/ABC that was not sports related.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

But here in the present they are just a pain in the ass. :td:

Max Yokell likes this.
  5. Shane

Shane Active Member

Not if you are cutting the cord. Necessary evil.

6. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Kelly's car wouldn't start today and she called me to pick her up and take her to work. Then she tried again and it started so I had to pick her up at the shop. Classic weak battery, more amps after warming up.

So I pick her up from work and we are waiting for her daughter to get out of school and she asks me to google up the repairs shop's phone number.

Sorry dear, I don't have my phone, it's "home alone"

Unless I'm out of town my phone is not with me. I like it like that - :)

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Trailer is up, looks awesome...

Jason Lorette and Max Yokell like this.
  8. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Can't bloody wait...the streaming thing though is very unfortunate...not even sure I can get it in Canada. If it was on Netflix, fine...but don't make me pay for another service.

9. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Active Member War Zone Member

$5.99/Month...

10. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

Available 24hrs after airing on CBS on Netflix in 100s of countries except the US and Canada.

11. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

So this isn't a TV show then, right? Its a web-series?