New phone... maybe not an iPhone

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Chris Slade, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

We are literally setting up all 3 of our iPhone X’s on Verizon right now. I’ve always preferred the physical size of the 6/7 models over the Plus except for the screen size. So I’m excited to have the same/slightly larger screen of the Plus with the physical size of the 6/7 which fits so much nicer in the hand.

2. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

So....... no love lost for AT&T these days, eh? ;)

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

Oh, we switched to T-Mo as soon as they officially got the iPhone. But no, no love lost for AT&T at all. After they treated my wife and several other even higher level managers than her we have zero desire to give them our money again.

4. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I suspected as much. Enjoy your new phones.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member Top Poster

I got a new iPhone 8+ yesterday as an update to my 6s+ and its a nice upgrade. Better camera and wireless charging are why I bothered upgrading as there really wasn't anything wrong with my previous phone.

6. Bent

Bent Active Member War Zone Member

What'd Apple call the wireless charging? and does a Qii charger work?

7. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Uh... wireless charging...

Do you mean just Qi? If so, yes. I don't know what Qii is.

For the record, I've purchased like 6 of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756Z8X82/?tag=homthelou-20 They are awesome (I got the first 4 for $18.99 so they might go down a bit in price). One on the nightstand, one in the den, one in the kitchen, one in the living room, one at my work and for my wife's work. I have one for the home theater but I'm trying to figure out how to wire it in make it most useful. I'd love to figure out how to build one into the arm of my chair but I don't want to tear apart my furniture.

8. Bent

Bent Active Member War Zone Member

I did mean Qi - and is that the format the new iPhones use?

9. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Yes

10. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member Top Poster

I have a Qi stand up charger on my bedside table but also have a kickstarter project coming that integrates with the Apple Watch charger. That said I was at work at 7:30 am and it’s now 10:30pm and I’m at 94% battery life. Granted I literally spent all day in meetings but I’m very impressed with the battery life.