1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

New HT photos

Discussion in 'Picture Show' started by CJ, Oct 27, 2015.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

f56e78c3dd7736b2915617dae7d74e9e.jpg 350aea8ad7a33b8f14028d66be5be681.jpg d892e24825f36684a220555adbb0eecb.jpg 7ea5dad8df60a847594c37e6f6ba53e9.jpg e11d6e808a1bc7bd33bd9d98d81b3776.jpg 8dccc93d1414ffa675df72f24a5f8046.jpg

Posted via Tapatalk. Forgive my brevity and potential typos.

2. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Re-hung all the movie posters and some new art that we got on a recent vacation tonight. The odd spacing between the large Mickey Mouse movie poster and the smaller Mickey and Minnie pictures next to it is the first reflection point. When there's a 24x48 acoustic panel there the art will be equidistant from the panel. There is a similar reserved spot for the other first reflection point. Also all the posters are spaced out from the corners to allow for bass traps.

3. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Very nice. I assumed the spacing was for the acoustic panels. I'd be spending a lot of time in that space. What are you playing your music from (tv picture).

4. Mike

Mike Bon Vivant Top Poster

Looks great! Looks like a place you will spend many hours in. Congrats.

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks! That is iTunes Radio through my Apple TV. Its great for discovering new music and for background music and the quality is AAC 256kbps so its not terrible in general.

Thanks!

6. murrayb

murrayb Active Member War Zone Member

Looks great, CJ. I'm envious.

7. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

How often do you watch the TV vs the Projector?

8. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Murray!

Andrew, it pretty much falls out along a TV / Movies split. I watch almost all live sports and television shows on the TV. Notable exceptions are large scale dramas, e.g. my sister and I watch Game of Thrones on the projector.

9. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Looks great. It would be nice to have a space like that!

10. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Great looking room (I'll have to work on my main system to get it looking half as good)! I bought one of those side tables (from Pier 1 based on one of your previous posts) for a secondary system and hooked up my new refurb Marantz SR5010 last night.

11. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

I like it!!!!

12. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Very nice, thjose Tritons look great. But you really need a subwoofer (or two.) :) Oh and if it was my space, I'd relocate those outlets to behind the rack.

13. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Great space CJ, I'm envious. :)

14. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

That's an underground exterior wall so probably not worth the cost to move electrical, plus code requires them to be spaced a certain distance across the wall. The right side is more of an eyesore for sure. It used to be hidden by a sub. In the meantime, might move something in front of it.

15. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Very nice work CJ. Enjoy it!

16. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Perhaps you could use a white power strip with a decent length cord to move the numerous cords behind the rack. Much less busy.

17. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Great spot for the right side sub.

18. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

CJ did you purchase an epson 5040UB 4K
    are you pleased with your Projector?

19. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

I haven't purchased a 4K projector yet. I'm going to wait a bit. With what we saw at CES with new HDMI standards, etc. I don't want to purchase before a major must have feature is standardized. Of course, I have HDMI run in wall so if I get to the point where I exceed the physical capabilities of my cabling, I won't be able to go beyond that. Granted I ran dual, garden-hose sized Blue Jeans HDMI but at some point (8K?) I'll be stuck.

20. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

so I assume you have the 5030UB.

Nice PJ.:tu: it seems as tho, the PJ market
    has relatively stabilized for the last 4-5 years.
    no major changes. not like 10-12 years ago when
    each model change improved on something.

:2tu:CES...it's been 6+ years since I went.