1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

New addition to my computer....

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by claud, Oct 8, 2017.

1. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

fullsizeoutput_a59.jpeg fullsizeoutput_a5b.jpeg View attachment 27776 headphone system. Although I really like my Schiit Modi Multibyte DAC, I decided to try another well known flavor since the Cavalli amp worked out so good. The new funny looking thing on top is a Chord 2Qute DAC. I am going to give it a couple of days yo burn in then do a bit of critique listening. View attachment 27776

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Jack likes this.
  2. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Cool Claud, looking forward to your report

3. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

In my experience Chord is a lot like Ayre in that they make decent sounding gear but it's not as magical as their fan base makes it sound. I've only tried the Hugo from Chord, however. I hope you enjoy your experiments!

4. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Yer' not drinking their KoolAide, David?

Claude looking forward to Vicariously enjoying the sound.

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Nope. Both my Hugo and my QB9 ended up sold on Ebay. And the Pono, which has DAC/amp designed by Ayre, sounded pretty crappy unless you were using the headphones they recommended. Even though it's in it's box and has been for several months, I kept the Pono. Maybe in 30 years my kids can sell it as a desirable novelty item.

6. claud

After Pono went belly up, that would be the most sensible thing to do. Can you download HiRez from other websites?

7. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

HDTracks.com

8. Phil A

9. claud

10. Phil A

Audiophile labels (like Linn) also have their own downloads. They also have 3 high quality (320kbps) internet radio stations so you can hear stuff by the artist and decide on whether it is something you would want to purchase.

11. Phil A

I've also downloaded from Acoustic Sounds

12. Phil A