Need a fan like a computer case fan.... (Mike B check in)

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Chris Slade, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I am going to build a cool locker for my son to hang his hockey gear in, maybe one for my wife if the first goes well.

Just think of a wardrobe with a perforated metal bottom on short legs that air can be drawn up through. A small fan like a pc case fan will be mounted to the top to pull there air through. Running a pc case fan does not seem like an easy thing to run of normal wall current. Looking for ideas on a fan or if it is easy to wire a case fan to do this I am all for it. Flow does not have to be very high, and the quieter then fan the better.

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

3. Jason P

Jason P Member War Zone Member

4. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I like the one Dave posted. 120 VAC, dual guards, low noise and power use.

Easy.

5. Chris Slade

Yeap, thanks, exactly what I need. I never buy this kind of thing, my Home Depot searching was giving no results. Thanks.

6. Chris Slade

I will likely order one of these fans this evening. I am also thinking I would put some kind of small LED light in there, and a pressure switch (I guess) to that the light goes on and off as the door opens and closes. I don't want to get too fancy with this, but I think a light would be nice. I am thinking of making sort of a metal frame with some or all aromatic cedar panels.

7. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

If you have a Princess Auto close try their surplus area as they'll have a variety of PC fans and variable rate wall wart plugs that can power them easily. I've used lots of these to cool HT install cabinets over the years.