1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

My Martin Logan Theater

Discussion in 'Picture Show' started by Seth70, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Well damn Seth, You wanted something and went after it until you got it. Very Awesome system.

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member

So very very jealous.

3. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

Thanks guys.;)

4. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton New Member

Looks cool!

I'm curious -- why did you opt to put them in the rear before using them as the side surrounds first?

5. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

Nice rig!

Bill, it looks like there is some sort of ML speaker as the left side surround.

6. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

Thanks.;)

Like Chad mentioned, there are also some Martin Logan speakers (Aerius i) on the sides which are used as side surrounds.

MLAeriusirefinishedwideview2.jpg

NewBerklineswideangleroomshot-1.jpg

Seth

7. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

Thanks.:)

8. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

Beautiful, Seth! :tu:

9. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

How did I miss this thread? That is AWESOME Seth!

I vote we throw a party at your house! How far away from Kansas are you? :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  10. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

Ahh, it's only been here for 3 years, don't be too hard on yourself :p

11. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member

You know its hard to judge scale in photo's like this...but i have the Aerius i's as my front speakers and they dominate the room...those ReQuests are MASSIVE! There's a pair of quests up for sale locally that I'd love to get but then I don't think they would fit in the dog house which is where i'd end up :)

12. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

Thanks.;)

13. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

Thanks for the kind words.;)

I'm far but not extremely far away from you. I'm in New Mexico.

Seth

14. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

The scale is actually pretty accurate in the photo. The reQuest's are really large speakers, they're a tad over 6 feet tall and a foot and a half wide. Before I got the reQuests I was using the Aerius i's as mains, and while they sounded really really good, they were were just a bit too small for the size of the room. Their new location as surrounds is just perfect.:)

Seth

15. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton New Member

I guess I'm going blind!! Totally missed that speaker and just saw the one on the wall.

16. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

Been a long time!

I hadn't realized it had been so long since I last posted here. Glad to know this site is still around.:)

Well a lot has happened, and a lot has changed with my system. I changed out the TV, preamp/processor, and added a few new Blu-ray players. The new TV is an LG 84LM9600 84" Ultra HD (4K), the new pre/pro is a Marantz AV8801, and the two Blu-ray players are an Oppo BDP-93 and Oppo BDP-103 (all region)

Besides the change in AV gear and TV, the whole room (and complete interior of the house for that matter) was re-painted, and new carpet was installed.

Here's a pic of the new look (Denon AVP was still there in this photo).

8583213969_8ca934b07c_c.jpg

Here are some actual screen shots I took of the LG. The images are from YouTube videos that are native 4K, but my PC is limited to a maximum of 1080p, so what you see in the following photos is 1080p upscaled to 4K resolution by the LG TV. I can only imagine what the 4K looks like. Click on each photo to see it in its original size. In order to view the following pics, Flash Player is required.

Gourmet Cuisine

Gourmet Cuisine 2

Asian Beauty

4K Demo

Canyon

Downtown

LG Demo 3

LG Demo 4

LG Demo 5

LG Demo 6

Green Grass

Presents

Store Window

Sunflower

Woven Doll

Fall leaves

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  17. Seth70

Seth70 New Member

And here's some pics of the Marantz AV8801 and two Oppo's.

8727039287_79c6f4b2ef_c.jpg

8727067983_3680b4db66_c.jpg

8728190860_c522fd588d_z.jpg

8728191406_b499802dab_c.jpg

8728190480_674971035f_z.jpg

8727125737_ba57cb6e8b_z.jpg

18. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Very Very Nice Seth, well set up.

19. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

Very nice!!!!
    What is your impression of the Marantz vs. Denon and what motivated the new prepro? I check in on the AVS Marantz thread occasionally and keep wondering if it's good enough to perform as a two channel front end?

20. Damn, those speakers are huge.