Looks like a whole bunch of re-boots are in the works

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Phil A, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

2. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Are we now officially in the Dark Ages of Film, the middle, towards the end?

3. Phil A

Phil A Well-Known Member Top Poster

I don't know but it seems with all the CGI and other things that go into films, they take a heck of a lot longer to get done and out to the theater. I saw the remake of 'Total Recall' and really didn't care for it. It's hard when the original is such a classic one is used to (and has higher IMDB ratings). I felt the same about the remake of 'Planet of the Apes' as well.

4. Jay Brown

( in my Stewie Griffin voice) I saw Weird Science in the list, and now I have the best of Oingo Boingo playing in my head.

Last month I purchased a couple of John Hughes films from the 80s and to see one of them being remade just makes me sad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Denton likes this.
  5. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Some of these movies are more apt now then they were when they were originally made (Videodrome, War Games) but why not make a new movie dealing with these subjects today and call it whatever instead of making it a formal remake with the same title?

6. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

More expensive and risky to market.

7. Jay Brown

Wasn't "Eagle Eye" starring Shai Lebeouf based off of "War Games"?

8. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

A lot of that list reads like a future turkey farm. Some have possibilities, some just should not be done - don't fuck with a classic -, most are 'you gotta be kidding me' why are they wasting the money, or not another one?

Denton and Phil A like this.
  9. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Not that I recall. Completely different plots. Eagle eye was just "government can literally spy on everyone down to the micro level, with satellites." IIRC

10. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

I still cringe thinking about "The day the earth stood still" and "War of the worlds" remakes. Especially that they're 2 of the greatest Hollywood actors.... :confused:

11. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Agreed. I remember someone posted the words "Klaatu barada stinko" about the first one you mentioned.