1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

*July Monthly Movie Drawing: Guardians of the Galaxy 2*

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, Jul 5, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I think Barry addressed that earlier. I think you'll be able to order it on or maybe JUST before release day but for some reason they're not putting Marvel movies up for pre-order in advance like most titles :(

2. RJ

RJ Member

Congrats!

3. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

It wasn't available until mid day today! I preordered at Best Buy for in-store pick-up on release day.

4. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Just walked in BB and they had a bunch in a big display.

5. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

There were plenty available for purchase when I went in, but I was able to lock in a price of $19.99 with the pre-order, not sure what the price was today, though the display said $27.99

6. CJ

I'll get this ordered tonight for Randy.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  7. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Thanks again!!!

8. Randy Rhoton

CJ, tried to send you a pm, but it may not have worked. You sent me a pm that it was ordered, but I can't find the message. Anyway, it isn't here yet, even though Amazon shows a release date of Aug. 22. Has that been set back or is something else wrong? Out of stock maybe?
    Also, even though I'm home a lot and should have seen it show up, there has been a rash of mail thefts in my area over recent months. If they shipped it, it may be lost.

9. CJ

I think you ended up sending me an email through the forum software. I just PMed you. Check your conversations inbox.

10. Randy Rhoton

Your'e right, I sent it through the "contact us" link, cause I couldn't figure out how to send a pm. Still haven't btw. But I just replied to your request for it. Hope it works this time.

11. CJ

Conversations are the new PMs. Same thing. I'll send it out.

Thanks

Barry_NJ likes this.
  12. Randy Rhoton

CJ, it came today. Thanks again!

Oh and, if Facebook is right, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thanks for keeping this place running.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  13. CJ

Let us know what you think of the movie (or did you already see it in theaters?)

And thanks, yep yesterday was my b-day.

Barry_NJ likes this.
  14. Randy Rhoton

Saw it in theater, but would have bought the disc anyway. Think I left a brief review around here somewhere, but yeah I liked it, not quite as much as the first one, but well enough. A bit too much baby Groot IMO, and a bit too much focus on Quill's father, even though that was kind of the main plot point, ignoring Rocket and the green chick. Still pretty fun.