John Wick: Chapter 2 (February 2017)

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, Feb 15, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm really excited about this as I enjoyed the first one. It opened last Friday and I'm not sure when I'll go see it but I'd like to make it to a theatrical showing. I read elsewhere that it follows the much appreciated cinematography and editing style of the first movie, where the camera is relatively still and there are long sequences without cuts even in the action sequences. I was so over that Bourne style of nausea inducing filming.

John-Wick-Chapter-2-Poster-4.jpg
    PS, I was going crazy looking for this thread because I remembered posting one, and even remembered what movie poster I picked and then realized it was one of the posts lost when I had to roll back vBulletin.

2. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Doubt I will go to the theater but will definitely catch this at home. Loved the first.

If you are looking for something similarly exciting without the Bourne aesthetic, I highly recommend The Raid: Redemption, which I would say bests John Wick from a close combat standpoint by a long margin. Fewer firearms though.

CJ likes this.
  3. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Finally got down to watch this while being frozen in during the holiday weekend. Amazing in Dolby Vision via iTunes this was everything and perhaps a little more than the first film. Great world building and love the rules this universe has created. Can't wait for the next one!

CJ likes this.
  4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Nice!

5. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I have this on BR/Atmos and liked it a lot. The gun fight/choreography is very sophisticated for good reasons. Some serious work here.

CJ likes this.
  6. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the first, guess I should. Seems these get lots of praise...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CJ likes this.
  7. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Saw these short clips awhile back...

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Bought the first and watched it last night. Good film, very fun...

Looking forward to the sequel!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DustinDavis and CJ like this.