It's time to stop working for other people

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Ron-P, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I know.

Everything is now complete; all paperwork submitted, photo for my ID is done, met with the payroll dept and insurance. Now, it's just waiting to here back from the feds. I'm guessing not till the end of the week. I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it, after all, I did buy a lower for my AR15 over a month ago and had to get background checked for that. The suspense is killing me tho.... hahaha!

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Well, so much for not working for other people. Got the call yesterday, went and picked up my ID card and parking permit. It's offical, I am now a school district employee. Pretty damn stoked with this one!

4. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Were you still doing the Trader Joe's thing before?

5. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Good for you. I hope it all works out for you.

I was thinking about you today...after lotsa Yardwork,
    a nice Long Bike Ride, I was chillaxin out back in my
    big Hammock. Gypsy Kings playing in the back ground.
    a Chilled adult Libation. "wouldn't RON be proud"

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I left Trader Joes back in January, I'd had enough of that compnay and wanted a change. I hired on with Home Depot as my schedule could be more flexible so I could focus on testing and interviews for school districts. That didn't go anywhere so I started up my biz. Well, 10 months later the Huntington Beach school district decided to respond.

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, to funny, and yes, very proud! Love it...

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I started last Friday, the 1st. Crazy fun job. I open the campus at 5:30am, that takes about an hour. Then, I'm off on my own to trim shrubs, small trees and keep the campus clean and maintained. I'm not Supervised at all unless needed somewhere for a specific job. I will learn to mark sports fields as well, later this week. Two guys are retiring at the end of this month. That will leave a supervisor, myself and a brand new guy as well that starts January 1st. That means I'm the NFG for only a month..hahaha.

Benefits are amazing; Health, Vision and PPO Dental, all free for myself, wife and kids, I don't spend a dime. I get 14 vaca days, 12 sick, 6 personal and 8 business days for time off, paid. I also get all my holidays paid as well.

The keys are a challenge, as you can see. It's gonna take awhile to figure all these out.

keys.jpg

9. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Flyin' into Los Angeleees, bringin' in a couple a keys! :cool:

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, large key rings suck. I'm a minimalist. My dad had a key ring that made yours look tiny.

Glad to hear things are going well!

11. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Thanks CJ. I'm like you, this drives me nuts everyday, but, nothing I can do about it. I will, and very soon, organize them on separate rings for sure.