1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Drew Mitten, May 9, 2007.

1. JoeM

JoeM Active Member

My name is Joe from sunny Southern California.
    I am another IT guy in my mid 40's. Must be a pretty common thing amongst HT folks.

I've held out on going HD for quite a while, but am probably ready to bite the bullet. Some setbacks last year kind of put that on hold. This year's looking pretty good though.

Thanks CJ for hosting a place for all of the folks who might have been lost as HTT winds down. I've enjoyed the many contributions many of the regulars on HTT posted.

2. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Worst case of lockjaw I've ever seen.

3. DougBenn

DougBenn New Member

Uh, how do I follow that?

Well, I'm Doug, 36 years old, and have been married for 17 years. I have been into HT for several years now. Built my first and current theater in 2001. Nothing special in the gear dept, 2 teenage girls currently draining the funds.

Live in the KC area. Prior service in the USAF, hmmmm what else you wanna know?

4. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Rotten boob job too!

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

What's your favorite color...? :wink: :lol:

6. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

My name is Claud. I'm 59 and a retired Assistant Attorney General and Cemetery Commission Administrator for North Carolina. I also own and manage commercial real estate so I can enjoy retirement. I currently hang around the nicest cemetery in NC, and am a paid consultant.
    I have been into Audio since the early 70s. I had "stacked Advents" in my first good system( you old guys should remember them). I used to hang around Home Theater Forum early on, but left there with Mike for HTT.
    I'm into tubed audio and the new LCD and Plasma TV technology, but not in the same system.
    My other hobby is German cars and high performance driving education. I do at least two weekends of HPDE a year. This is me and my Audi A3, 3.2Q.
    MKS_9395.jpg

7. Mike  a.k.a. Kingpin

Mike a.k.a. Kingpin New Member

Hello all.

I am mostly a lurker on forums and only post when I have something witty to say or can help others out when in a bind.

I am 32(June 21), single, work for a building center(Rona/same idea as Home Depot), have owned a couple of bars, clubs and my last fortee was a custom picture framing shop for 6 years. I am currently in that low, stale moment in my life when I had to close my business a couple years ago and was left pretty much penniless. With my backround in Hardware(parents owned a store) I was relegated to find a job working for someone else(really sucks) and have been there for almost 2 years.

I am heavily into cars(Corvettes are the top for me), help a friend race his mustang(10 sec. qtr mile) by doing some of the mechanical work, and have loved buttons, switches and dials since I can remember. Just recently built "Project Overkill" which is a Chris D. and Brian Bunge design but added a little twist. Chris is my newest bestest friend. :lol: :lol:

The speakers took me almost a year from research to building and I can honestly say I love 'em with all my heart. I have spent the past 2 years building my HT and just need a center, sub and rear speakers to complete it. Along with maybe another couple of amps. :wink:

I am the one(I think) that Brian Bunge referred to as a "Crazy Canuck" in reference to my speakers.(80" tall and 485lbs each).

I live in Toronto Canada, consider myself to be a Canadian but am of Greek/Cypriot desent and drive an '88 Cutlass that cost me $300 a month to go to work and back to home with. I used to collect Spiderman comics when I was a teenager and have a couple worth thousands of dollars. I don't drink or do drugs although I do smoke cigarettes, but love to cook and bbq with friends.

My dreams are to own an 2000 sq.ft bungalow and add on a 1000 sq.ft ht room a 1000 sq.ft game room and 10,000sq.ft garage with hoists and my 2 favourite cars. A '67 L88 427 Corvette, and a '69 Corvette ZL1.(remember i said dreams) :)

Anyways here are a couple pics of me and my stuff.

Picture001-1.jpg
    Picture019-1.jpg

Mike

8. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Now those are speakers!!

9. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Those tiny things? Pfft. ;)

10. Zak

Zak Active Member War Zone Member

Good day all. I'm Zak Ruck, just found this site as I have not been able to surf HTT as much as i use to and finally found out it was down and most of hte peeps are over here. Good to see just about everyone here. I'm 31, and an application engineer for Bentley Systems. We make software for Engineers and Architects. I'm pretty much a demo jockey traveling to customers offices and showing what we can do. Travel has been reduced a lot lately so i have a lot more time to spend with my family. I have been married for just over 8 years and have 3 girls under the age of 5.

Just recently moved into a new house. Built a small theater in the living room with my old Elite receiver, Parasound CD player i bought from merc a long time ago, and a new Vizio 47" 1080P LCD. Love that TV, as well as Totem speakers for the front's and center. Probably going to wire in some Paradigm bipoles or use my Atoms for the rears. In the future, hopefully next winter, I'm going to build a theater in the basement as i have a perfect 13'x18 bump out that is all by itself and the mrs said i can make that into a dedicated theater. Going to be building an IB as well as using the speakers Pete Mazz built for me and hopefully i can sweet talk him into making a center channel with me as well.

Loved HTT and looking forward to this forum developing as i have to say that HTT was one of my favorite forums i've ever been on if not my favorite. Do not post as much as i'd like but with the new roll for my company i should have more downtime to read/post.

11. Marty Milton

Marty Milton New Member

Hi, my name is Marty Milton and I am a home theater addict. I recognize many of you from other forums of like interests. I live in east central Illinois, the home of the University of Illinois.

I recently purchased a Sony 55" HDTV, so I can now watch most DVD movies in all their widescreen glory. I am also interested in 60s music, jazz trumpet, and jazz female vocalists. My recent finds are Chantal Chamberland and Anjani.

12. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

Hey everyone. I guess this is better late than never. :D I'm Sean Malcher, I'm 26 and I live in Mississauga, Ontario (just outside of Toronto). I was told about this site by Michael St. Clair. I'm still rather green when it comes to home theater. I am still without a high-def set at the moment but I at least have a 5.1 setup. So far I'm really enjoying the amount of movie discussion here as movies are a big hobby of mine. I try to watch as many as I can and I'll watch just about any kind. My other main hobby would be video games and if any of you have a 360, PS3 or Wii, let me know and I'll give you contact information on those systems.

I look forward to getting to know you all and having some good discussions.

13. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

So this is where you all went?!

Hi Everyone,

Long time no see (so to speak)! Many new faces here.

For those of you that don't know me or don't remember me, my name is John, I run Advanced Home Technology Solutions. We're a custom home theater installation/design/acoustics/systems integration company in Southern California. I've been away from the forums for a while, and had to track you great folks down after not being able to find the forum at HTT... so thanks C.J. for taking on the task of creating a forum for everyone to hang out!

I'm looking forward to posting and hanging out here a little bit more, but to say that things are a bit busy these days would be a significant understatement. Hopefully I'll have time to post but come to think of it, I haven't even really kept in touch with the many friends I've made among this group. So I apologize to those of you who I haven't kept in touch with via telephone or email. I've got a lot to catch up on in the lives of the O.G. members - time to start reading all the posts to see what's going on with everyone!

Anyway, time to get some sleep - got an early day at Infocomm tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure I posted a hello, and thanks again C.J.!

14. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

LOL, post count of 1!!!! Yikes, I look like a noob!!!

Well, post count of 2 now with this post :)

15. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Yeah John we can ell by your post count you must not know shit, even if you re a custom home theater designer. ;)

Max

16. Corey

Corey New Member

Hey Everyone.

My name is Corey, 29, and live in Denver, CO. I'm the Director of Market Intelligence for a large healthcare company. Sounds like corporate espionage, but trust me, it's not quite that fun.

I've been into HT since about 2001, when I officially had a disposable income. Been married for 3 years, but together for 10. No kids, 1 dog.

Other things I enjoy are woodworking, photography, food (both cooking and eating), and xbox live gaming. Been spending a decent amount of time at the gym as well, due to the need to lose weight and get back in shape.

Posted rarely at that other place, but will try to be better over here.

C

PS: A special thanks to all those members and relatives of members serving our country. Be safe!

17. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

:p to you Max!

18. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

Hi John! Long time, no see. Glad you're back.

Pete

19. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

John,
    I can tell by your post count you are becoming more knowledgeable in the HT world. Before you know it maybe you might even be able to help others by say suggesting that they use insulation instead of sand to save weight or something like that. :)

Max

20. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

LOL :)

As of this post, I'm up to 13 baby! Gittin' smarter by the minute!
    By the way, I hope the guy that told you to use packing peanuts wasn't making fun of your size :lol: haha.