Here comes another one!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Denton, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

We got home around noon. House was fine (aside from the front door that seemed to be jammed shut. Nikki is calling for service )

Power was on. Don't think it was ever out though. Still had bagged ice cubes in the freezer not frozen blobs of ice. It it went out it was brief.

I'm in Alabama now headed to Indianapolis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Good news indeed. A friend in Miami suffered a heart attack on Monday. A snowbird friend lost part of the roof in their Largo home.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Chad likely the jammed door is cause it expanded from the excess humidity we have a few door that are much tighter then usual.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

And as predicted, Jose seems headed for New Jersey. Stand by for an early Noreaster!

5. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

and now we have Lee to worry about.

6. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

And Maria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DYohn

It is a very active season...

8. DYohn

9. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Alleluja! News reports this morning said Jose is staying well east of New Jersey, and may only cause some wind and high seas in eastern Long Island. Maria, now a Cat 5, is another story. Reports from the Caribbean are frightening, and the debris from Irma may become dangerous missiles. Those of us who've been to the BVIs have seen the poorly constructed wooden homes that people down there live in. Too many strong storms, one after another. Very sad.

10. DYohn

The NWS is still predicting a 10-feet storm surge on the Jersey coast, so still could be bad news for some. But yes, it's good that Jose turned out to sea.

11. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

It sure is. We've been (knock,knock) hurricane free for quite a few years.

Big winter coming up I suppose.

12. DYohn

And a sign of that here in the desert is it is already staying below 100 as daily high temp. Normally that doesn't happen until mid-October. When the temps cool off early it usually means a cold winter is coming.

13. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Good, I'm ready!

32777304361_2e0521d90f_o.jpg

We had a hot summer and I'm glad it's over - :)