Frivolous Ahem

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by DYohn, Dec 18, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Don't feel bad. Mine (a Chamberlain) won't stay connected for more than five minutes. I gave up on it. It's a good garage door opener though.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I'm a total gadget head. I've got significant portions of my house on a Zwave system integrated with my ADT security. I can lock/unlock doors from anywhere in the world. Open/Close my garage door, turn off the Christmas tree etc. Some people that would make their head hurt. Different strokes.

3. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member War Zone Member

If you have LED or CFL bulbs in your garage door opener that's likely the problem, RFI interference. I found the problem when the Audi homelink would not work. Replaced the LEDs with incandescents all is fine. Genie (garage door opener company) sells 60watt equivalent LEDs that they claim does not interfere and Torcher has 100 watts equivalents (Amazon, EBay) that they claim has minimum RFI interference and good for garage door opener.

4. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

You may be on to something, I am using LEDs. Despite reading the manual telling me not to.

5. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Might try the old school RFI trick and wire a .01 uF 600 V ceramic disk cap across the light.

6. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Battery life experiments: Yesterday, filled fully charged Ember mug with hot water and left off charging base. It maintained temperature and then started flashing that it needed charging at 2 hours 12 minutes. Last night, left empty but fully charged mug off the base 9 hours over night. This morning grabbed it and filled with coffee. It started flashing that it needed charged after 35 minutes.

7. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

seems pretty good