1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Father's Day thread

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Denton, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I have received my Father's Day gift and I got a good one. One pair of Clarks' desert boots only these are made of oiled brown leather (rather than suede). Comfortable and good looking with a pair of jeans. Not so much with jhorts. :eek:
    boots.jpg
    I have had the good fortune to be the son of a self-made man. My dad completed college with a family in tow, never an easy thing to do. He got a degree in physics and took a job with Boeing. He eventually traveled to Florida to be part of the US space program. Whenever you looked into the control room at Cape Canaveral/Kennedy you saw him, going as far back as Gemini. Smart as hell and tough as nails, he worked long after his fellow engineers did, finally retiring not too long ago (and after the end of the shuttle program). I'm lucky to have had him around and even luckier to have gotten his name. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

jasn likes this.
  2. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Your Pops sounds like a good guy. My Pops got into college on the GI bill and was married to Ma at the time, both were in the Navy. Never could have afforded it otherwise. He taught me well.

When I was in Detroit last week I made him his fav, a martini. Poured measure of gin, a smaller measure of vermouth and a dollop of olive juice on his grave. Didn't want to leave the olive.

He rests next to Ma and both have done me well.

Happy Fathers Day.

3. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

I admire self made successful persons. I wish there were regular TV programs highlighting them instead of the junk talk shows and exploits of the rich, spoiled entitled scums.

Denton so your dad gave you the boot? Is he trying to tell you something? Just kidding, just kidding. :)

Rick C likes this.
  4. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Happy Father's Day Guys!!

5. jhoak

jhoak Active Member War Zone Member

Today is the first Father's Day in 59 years where I didn't have a Dad to say "Happy Father's Day" to. Can't find the words to express how much I miss him.

6. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

7. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

My kids gave me some nice kitchen gifts this morning, the highlight of which was a set of Messermeister steak knives with gorgeous wood handles. They are pakkawood but look like rosewood. Really nice. I'll be seeing my father and father-in-law at my daughter's softball game today too.

8. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

David seems to be in his sick & twisted humors today.:p

Happy fathers day to one & all:)

9. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I ordered up a Father's Day present for myself (Dog Daddy) because I wanted it and it was 15% off.

I like Elekit and this will go in the bedroom.

10. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

You just know that little girl image was true for someone. :)

11. CJ

My college roommate vacuumed the outside of his dad's Porsche when he was little. This would have been in the early 80's so the hose end was metal. Basically ruined the paint.

DYohn likes this.
  12. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

My daughter wrote her name on the hood of our Plymouth Colt with a rock. I couldn't be upset with her and a little polish made it mostly disappear. It was a Colt after all....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DYohn likes this.
  13. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Sorry I missed this, so happy belated Father's Day to all you dads. I've bragged plenty about my dad, but this says it all!

25446747146_58f8b78f57_z_d.jpg

14. TerryR

TerryR Member

My family knows how to keep dad happy -
    mastersons-10yearrye.jpe

DYohn and CJ like this.
  15. CJ

Nice.

16. Carl V

Wheat Whisky.:cool:
    are you a fan of RYE?

17. TerryR

TerryR Member

Love ryes - a Willet 8yr Family Estate purchased at their gift shop a few years ago is still my favorite. I also have Pikesville, Michters & a Whistle Pig on the shelf along with a Wild Turkey 101 Rye for mixing or as a "little extra" after one of the fancier ones.

18. Carl V

"a little extra"

Whistle Pig Boss Hog are fun