Couple buys SF street for $90K

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by capsuleri, Aug 9, 2017.

1. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

They could always offer a choice between parking costs and a toll gate where when someone comes in it is a $10 toll.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Its funny what cheap assholes the ultra rich can be. They knew they owed the money from what I understand. They were trying to get away with not paying what is ultimately a pittance to them.

DYohn likes this.
  4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

This may backfire on the new owners. Since they own those common areas directly that property is no longer part of the HOA. That means they personally are responsible for all upkeep, maintenance and taxes. And under CA law they cannot charge a toll for residents to enter or exit the property if it is the only access to their domicile. They can charge anyone who is not a resident and for street parking.

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

They can't charge a toll but they can charge for parking even for the residents from what I understand.

6. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

They can only charge for street or common area parking. The garages and driveways belong to the homeowners. However, this is a very old neighborhood and I would suspect that many of the homes only have parking for 1 or 2 vehicles. So if they have more vehicles or guests they almost certainly will have to park some in the street.