Considering this watch

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Chris Slade, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Mentioned it before and have done a little research but not purchased yet. Seriously considering the Citizen Navihawk A-T.

Meh, it is not dressy, but that is not usually and issue for me. I like it, haven't found a watch that I love yet.

Thoughts on this bad boy? I assume no one here has first hand experience with the watch, but great if you do.

JY8035-04E_full.jpg

2. Chris Slade

Never thought I would ever consider a citizen watch.

3. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

IMG_2065.JPG Watches are personal choices. That citizen is too busy for my tastes. Apparently it's not for you. I tend towards a different style. Or actually I have a few different styles.

4. Jason P

Jason P Member War Zone Member

I have a SkyHawk AT in titanium. The crystal is scratched to hell on it from everyday use. Aside from that I really like it.

5. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Those Citizen and Seiko watches keep excellent time. Just pic your style.

6. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

if you are going to buy that one save a ton of money and get a g-shock casio.

7. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I haven't worn a watch in 30 years so I am asking just out of curiosity. Are you a form-follows-function person? That watch just looks like it does a bunch of stuff that most would never find useful.

8. Carl V

Most people don't use all those "complications'.
    in fact my everyday watch is the TIMEX ironman
    perfect fit. perfect time. easy timer. great alarm.
    cheap cheap cheap. indestructible.
    I've had it down to 120 ft under water.
    and up to 21,000 feet. ice or heat no problem.

have fun

9. murrayb

murrayb Active Member War Zone Member

That is one of the most God awful looking watches I've seen. Way, way too busy. However, as the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like it, go for it. I've worn a watch for as long as I can remember and my preference is a clean, simple style; much like the first watch in the picture from Carl, which is similar to the Citizen watch I've been wearing for last 6 or 7 years, but with a black face.

10. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

If you like it buy it there's nothing at all wrong with Citizen watches and one day I'll likely own an eco drive. Personally I prefer a simpler look but this isn't about what I like ;) You may want to look at Wenger Commando's...similar design but 1/2 the price.

I will also add that watches of this size tend to be heavy which you may find annoying (I do). Titanium certainly helps in that regard.

If you're looking to dress down a watch to fit in with the crowd consider a nato strap. They're extremely comfortable and can help make an otherwise "fancy" watch appear a little more everyday man's. They also happen to be dirt cheap and so most of us nato fans have a draw full that we swap out depending on the occasion.

I alternate between my Pebble smart watch and the black Bulova. The Wenger has a scratch on the face so it is now related to a work / wknd / camping watch. I prefer the look of the Bulova / Wenger but to be honest I miss the smart watch when I'm not wearing it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  11. Carl V

and the ORIENT watch was purchased from
    our own celebrity Andrew Pratt...
    the good twin brother to Chris Pratt

12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I own three watches, a Seiko, a Citizen, and a Pulsar. All basic metal bracelet bands and pretty classic faces. The Citizen is my favorite by far but it is the opposite of that watch. Its like a 42mm face and is ultra thin. One of the thinnest I've ever seen and still has the Eco drive. That watch is not my style at all but as others have said, if you like it, go for it. I'd be worried about even being able to tell the time on that.

13. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

But where do your phone notifications go? :p

14. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Hey Chris Slade, I'm sensing "Right Watch, Wrong Forum" for that one. :) OP that on a watch forum and you'd probably get a ton of positive feedback.

Enjoy it...

15. Chris Slade

I am going to post about this tonight, I understand we all have different tastes. I am going to sort of post my requirements and see if anyone has a better suggestion for something that might meet my needs.