Can Micro SD Cards Go Bad?

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Jack Keck, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Member

I use my phone through bluetooth speakers, headphones and even my sound bars for casual listening. I play either my Sirius app or my mp3 files from my SD card. Lately, I have been getting weird noises that I can't really describe when I listen to the mp3 files. I replaced the phone, tried a different app, and every speaker I have. I think I've narrowed the problem to the card, hence my question. Can files on these little cards be corrupted?

2. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

Did you try reformatting it?

3. Phil A

The reason I ask is that I have a Dash Cam. A fair amount (maybe half) of the time when it gets full it does not overwrite and won't record. I reformat it and it works fine.

4. Phil A

Of course back up your data if you reformat as it will erase what is on the card.

5. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

I would take it out of the phone and plug it into a computer and try to play the mp3 files. You will know right away if the file/s are corrupted. If you find corrupted files you can try this program to fix it.. I have not used it so don't know how well it works. Generally programs found on Sourceforge are good.

MP3val