Awww yisss

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by CJ, Jun 30, 2016.

1. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Fios: 88 both ways

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

30 down 3 up actually get a little over 30 down and a little less than 3 up. Just under $100/month including a landline plus Netflix plus $40 a year for a VPN. Really wish I could ditch the landline but need it for the security system to be monitored. Switch to cell would cost $350 plus $10/month and the Internet monitored would be $400 to switch plus $4/month which is absolute BS and pisses me off.

On promotion which has the price reduced $30/month until December. Then I'll switch to Sasktel and Shaw will either make an offer to keep me or I'll be on Sasktel for a year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2016
  3. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

83.5 down, 6 up.

4. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton Active Member

A long time ago I added Comcast's Boost to get me up to like 25 down. I didn't realize that over the years the speeds had been moving up. When looking for a way to back off on the bill, I was talking to the rep (in person) and he said if I didn't need 150 down, I could drop Boost. What?? So I dropped Boost and now get 80/12. Plenty fast. It's bundled, so I don't know what the separate price would be.

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

23 down, 8 up. I'm paying for 75 down. Sometimes I get 90+. I fucking hate Comcast. U-verse may not be as fast but it sure was consistent.

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

Call them. You likely have a signal issue

7. Brian Bunge

I assumed it was because I'm in an apartment complex and am sharing bandwidth with all my neighbors.

8. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I like Uverse. It always works, it has good quality (video & audio) it has PPV and the Internet speed never varies, it's always the same.

9. Brian Bunge

I was quite fond of it as well. I'd much rather have a slower, albeit consistent speed, than one that ranges from 30%-110% of what I'm paying for.

10. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I'm getting 65 - 70 down and like 1.5 up.

11. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I am 50 up and 50 down, I think I pay around $80 a month.

12. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

I got a letter from Verizon advising me to upgrade my router. The one I have is discontinued and they suggested a pre owned Advanced router, but after reading a few Web sites I ordered a Quantum router for $150. I haven't checked my speed in a while, but the new router is supposed to be faster and have increased range. We'll see.

13. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

5528311396.png

home

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  14. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I get 400/20 from Grande Communications, for $55/mo. Pretty crazy.

15. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

5529359221.png 5529359221.png
    5600085587.png

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  16. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Did a test on my laptop after installing the router. It's in the basement and my laptop is on the second floor. 40 down, 40 up, not bad. Haven't checked the wired PC in Maureens basement office yet.

17. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

I just upgraded my home speed from 30 to 150...for less money :) I'm happy with the new speed results but it would have been nice if my ISP told me it was now available for less than I was paying before...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

6060196148.png
    Charter/Spectrum $60 a month (no bundle).

19. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

6060517528.png
    I have the Spectrum triple play thingie, $30/month for internet, same for phone and tv, so $90/ month all in plus modem and dvr's.

20. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

We're supposed to be connected tomorrow, Frontier FIOS, 100/100. I'll post my speeds once it's hooked up.