1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Audio Lover's HTR - Cambridge Azur 651R - Refurb - $700

Discussion in 'Retail Sales and Bargains (retail)' started by Dan Driscoll, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Accessories 4 Less Link

Cambridge Audio Azur 651R 7.2-Ch x 140 Watt/channel A/V Receiver $699.99 + shipping, tax in some.

Cambridge makes great sounding audio and HT gear. This is a factory refurbished unit and comes with a 3 year manufacturer's warranty.

2. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Could be a killer deal...

3. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

Since you posted this Dan, I've done a lot of reading about this receiver. I have an ancient Pioneer Elite 24TX that still sounds great, but the highest level video connection is S-Video. The 651R seems to be a perfect replacement, and the referb is quite a bargain. It's even available from Accessories4Less through Amazon. Give me some reasons I shouldn't pull the trigger. It seems too perfect for my small room.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Do it do it do it...

5. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I have the 551, a smaller unit. I love this thing, it sounds wonderful. There is plenty of power, don't worry - :)

6. John Celardo

Did it, did it, did it!

Talked to my accountant (Maureen) over sushi and Champagne at our favorite Japanese restaurant, and we agreed that it's essential. We'll see.

7. Dan Driscoll

I'm jealous. I've heard a number of CA pieces and thay all sounded great. This unit was high on my wishlist when I was looking for a new AVR, but sadly, even the refurb was out of budget range. :crying:

8. John Celardo

If it wasn't for you Dan I wouldn't have known about this deal. Despite liking my old Pioneer receiver I'm tired of the extra cables that no HDMI requires. I just got an email stating that it shipped, so if you ever find yourself in the northeast, stop by for a listen and a beer.

When it shows up I'll start a tread in the HT Hardware lounge. This is my first purchase in a long time.

9. Dan Driscoll

John, I'll be surprised if you don't like the sound quality of the 651R considerably more than the the Pioneer. I look forward to reading about your experience with it. And if I make it up there I'll definitely give you a ring.

:tu: