1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Apple is stunning and brave

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Drew, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

I'm with you on the no-wire buds. I know for sure 100% that I would lose one.

Based upon their Apple Watch 2 Lineup, it's clear they've given up on the idea of being a luxury watch and are focusing on being a sport/health watch. Not sure about gaudy though, I think if anything they mostly look pretty damn plain (unless you buy certain bands).

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

With the carrying case that charges them as long as you put them in it when you're not using them and put the case away you won't ever lose them.

3. Graeme

The Wireless Powerbeats 3 claim 12 hour run-time and 5 minutes to charge enough for 1 hour of run-time.

Comparison with the over the ear is indeed ridiculous. Beats Solo 3 claim a 40 hour run-time.

4. Graeme

I have a Plantronics bluetooth headset with charging case. I'm constantly forgetting to put it back in the case. One time my wife found them in my jeans pocket just before she put it in the wash. LOL.

5. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

I was thinking more of the Rolex CJ mentioned !!!

6. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

I love my Powerbeats 2's but want a pair of the 3's just for the battery life...

7. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

Apple still has the ceramic watch in the $1200 price category that I'm sure goes up with certain bands. The health aspect has always been a part of the Apple Watch. They got slammed, correctly, for not making the watch waterproof and lacking GPS.

I actually really like the looks of my watch and have gotten more compliments from people who dismissed it originally. I stick mostly to the sport bands. They seem to work with the watch and I can change up the colors.

8. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Active Member War Zone Member

I'm waiting on the reviews to come out for both the Powerbeats 3's and the Solo 3's. I have the Solo 2 wireless and they are a bit bass heavy in the mids. I slightly prefer the sound of the Bose QC35's. My JayBirds are getting a bit long in the tooth and I wouldn't mind trying out the Beats if they are of similar audio quality.

9. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

While I probably sound like an Apple basher, I really am not. I love my iPhone, Macbook Pro, Air and G5 and think they have thought through thing s to deliver a great product.

I do think that Apple got a bit over their ski's when it comes to the watch. Think of Swatch Watch, you know those cheap watches everyone wore in the 90's. They are the largest seller of watches in the world ranging from the $50 Hello Kitty watch to brands I have never heard of for $100k+. Apple knows design and functionality but they do not know style. If they made an Omega watch with the apple watch guts in it, I'm in. The current design looks like a big Swatch for $500.

10. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Active Member War Zone Member

Ummm, I was wearing a Swatch and a Coca-Cola watch (sometimes at the same time) in high school in the 80's...

11. Drew

Drew Active Member War Zone Member

Where does putting the charging port for a mouse on the bottom so it can't be used while charging fall? Design or functionality?

12. Shane

Shane Active Member

Over their skis yet they are now the #2 watch maker if CJs info was right?

13. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

And the iPhone 7 Plus is now sold out GLOBALLY. These idiots really need to get it together.

14. Drew

There's a line about any time of day at any given starbucks.

15. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

As a consumer you may think popularity does not equate to quality, but I assure you Apple is happy with the product they've produced which has people lining up and is sold out, as am I as a shareholder.

And that's just it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter that the headphone jack and airpods have been ridiculed and it doesn't matter that the buyers of iPhones are labeled sheeple. Because its like the political system at this point... 99% of the people doing the ridiculing weren't going to buy the product any way and 99% of the people who were going to buy the product will buy it despite the ridicule. So who cares?

16. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Just want to point out that though you think I am an Apple hAter, I have not ridiculed the Iphone 7 or their new watch and in fact still buy Ipads even though they only last a max of 3 years and 2 before you feel pressure to upgrade at most.

Just thought I would be that out there....

17. Drew

I'd say 3 years is pretty damn good for tech. Between advancements and planned obsolescence...

18. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

Drew,
    I mean 3 years before they start breaking. by the end of two you are really wanting an upgrade. In fact I have heard a bunch of Iphone 6s are suffering from touchscreen issues now, which is just under 2 years.

19. Shane

Shane Active Member

6s's are a year old

20. Drew

The 6 plus is having issues due to flexibility I believe.