1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Anyone have opinions on Integra ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Jack, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

As mentioned in another post, my Denon is not at the top of its game of late so I am going to pull it out and put it aside. In talking with a buddy, he has an Integra 9.8 pre/pro that he will let me have quite cheap. He is also going to throw in a Hafler amp for additional channels.

The Hafler will not be used for the mains, that will stay with the Emotiva, but the Integra sounds very interesting ? I am going to his place tomorrow so I would like to hear thoughts about the brand and is a pre/pro better than an AVR of the same original price ?

Thanks

2. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

I've read that the Integra 9.8 can be a bit rough on the high frequencies but I have no firsthand experience. I went from a Sony ES to Marantz pre-pro and they both are very good. I expect for most situations a receiver would be totally adequate but the pre-pro would perform better and may have more features. Would you notice a difference???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

the price is right, no experience. I do have an unboxed Integra AVR
    waiting to be used. Most AVR or Pre-pro have a decent set of tone
    controls. Altho' you are a bit of a purist.:rolleyes:

4. Jack

Thanks Gents
    @Carl - You are too kind, my wife usually calls me a whiny bitch or a dick when I talk about audio stuff so purist is quite the complement.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member

I have an Integra AVR and generally like it. I'd have no issues recommending them to others.

6. Jack

Thanks Andrew.

7. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Integra, Onkyo's high end, was always much better than Onkyo. It is definitely on a par with Marantz or Denon.

8. Phil A

Phil A Active Member

I owned at old Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro several years back (bought it used). Liked it for HT.

9. Jack

Cool guys, I just may do this thing.

10. Kenny Stultz

Kenny Stultz Member

When the network card on my Denon gave it up I got an Integra 50.4 AVR and have no gripes. I never heard a ton of difference between the two but the wife prefers the Integra.

Jack likes this.
  11. Jack

Then that is what you will keep Kenny !!!

12. Jack

I can say without reservation that the Integra kicks the Denon to the curb when it comes to movies and has some magical traits with music. Hope to have review done soon.

13. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

glad to hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel....
    & that it's not an oncoming train:eek:

14. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Yeah, good to hear all went well. Even better.

That's what I strive for, the new thing should sound better than the old thing. I don't need the best thing, but the new thing should be better than the old thing.

Cool beans baby!