Ajit Pai is a real serious piece of fucking shit!

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by CJ, Jul 17, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Don't worry, thanks to Equifax, someone else will take out a nice smartphone plan in your name.

2. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

Now I'm mad........

Considering I can no longer receive any stations from the Augusta, GA Market after a decision to lower the power on their towers, and two stations taken over by some large media company, coupled with the fact that the one Savannah news station uses the same cast for an Augusta Fox affiliate, I can see more buy-ups and consolidation coming down the pipe pretty soon.

FCC: Local TV and radio stations don't need local studios

3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

'Murica! Get fucked, citizen.

4. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member

Welcome to the New World (dis)order!!

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

capsuleri likes this.
  6. CJ

7. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Man. If only I could get DSL so they could abandon me later. :D

Not much of a shocker. I guess they'll be good as long as they keep the POTS lines running.

8. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

9. capsuleri

10. Jay Brown

11. capsuleri

FCC rules will help the ISP's bury their various and continued changing requirements and limitations in legal mumbo jumbo and fine print - now it will be up to the consumers to figure out what's what. Remember the time when credit card companies were playing games until the Congress put an end to it (nearly)?

There will be legal challenge/s immediately I hear. Hopefully that can bottle it up until the next Presidential election.

12. CJ

And most Americans don’t have a choice of ISPs.

13. Jay Brown

This is sadly true.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14. capsuleri

The best solution would be if Amazon, Netflix, Face Book, Google, Microsoft etc. all get together build out the Google fiber and provide internet service at prices below the three ISPs. They together certainly have money and muscle to do it. But it won't happen....

15. capsuleri

16. CJ

On second thought, maybe we'd all benefit on a data cap on facebook, instagram, etc. might improve society.

DYohn likes this.
  17. capsuleri

Next Agency up for dismantling is the CFPB. Bye bye consumer protections put in after 2008.

18. capsuleri

19. CJ

We know he's full of shit. He was caught recently on tape joking about being bought. He's the joke.

20. capsuleri

Net Neutrality isn’t the only thing the current FCC is screwing up

"The rationale for Lifeline’s re-evaluation was the revelation of mismanagement at the program. Roughly $1.2 million of the program’s $2.5 billion in funding was being distributed to fake identities or to people who had died, according to an investigation by the General Accounting Office."

Wow!! $1.2 million out of $2.5 Billion waste .... excuse to kill a useful project (that helps the poor)?!!! In that case DoD should be abolished altogether!!

Net Neutrality isn’t the only thing the current FCC is screwing up

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017