1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

24 Karat... Maybe!

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by John Celardo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. John Celardo

John Celardo Well-Known Member Donor

We went to the Prudential Center in Newark for the Bruno Mars extravaganza. Maureen bought the tickets last January and last night was the night. Despite the $100+ ticket price, we were four rows from the roof. We forgot our mountain climbing gear, but eventually breached the summit. Maureen isn't a big fan of heights, so it took her a while to acclimate to the altitude. 17,999 of the 18,711 seats were occupied by the time the show started.

Bruno is a consummate, energetic entertainer. He has a great voice, plays a pretty mean guitar, and he and the band didn't stop moving until the curtain dropped. He combines loads of genres, in his performance, including 4-Tops, Temptations style choreography; a little James Brown; and loads of Michael Jackson. The set was pretty amazing with flashing lights, flames, explosions, and lasers. The crowd was all over the place. Teeny-boppers with their moms mixed with the tattoo crowd, and geezers like us. I'm not a fan of big arena shows, but I have to admit, Bruno excites a big crowd like a seasoned pro. My honey absolutely loved it.

DYohn likes this.
  2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Nice! Sounds like a blast other than the nose-bleed seats.

3. GHilinski

GHilinski Active Member War Zone Member

Glad you had a good time. Those are not nose bleed seats, those are seat belt and parachute seats! Your feet are at the head level of the row in front of you. Has to be at a 60 degree angle. Steepest venue I have ever been in. We saw The Who there and went down to the bar area which was much more comfortable.